Experienced Toolmaker / Spotter (Injection Molding)
Advantage Engineering is dedicated in providing its customers with innovative solutions utilizing advanced technologies and high-quality standards.
As an organization, we strive to establish long-lasting relationships with our customer base by meeting and exceeding their expectations in regards to Delivery, Performance, Pricing, Service and Quality for their Products.
Our focus on Health and Safety ensures the wellbeing of our employees without jeopardizing cost and quality of products.
The company continues to develop and mentor its employees through enhanced education and training ensuring continued growth for both the organization and its employees.
By using leading-edge tooling and manufacturing technologies, the organization can deliver products and services faster than competitors, resulting in accelerated product development.
About the Role:
Toolmakers are responsible for making or improving different types of tools to enable the production process to be as efficient as possible. This position is responsible for the repair, maintenance and improvement to all tooling molds. This position reports to the Tooling Manager.
- Building and repairing molds
- Attend breakdowns, identify fault and problem solve at the press with minimal downtime to aid production
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations
- Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced
- Identify spares requirements and log usage
- Take ownership of smaller less complex specific tool suite to develop and maintain performance with minimal supervision
- Operate Fork Lift Truck and lifting equipment
- Manufacture new tooling and ancillary spares to support production activity and customer deadlines
- Carry out engineering level changes to tools and modifications
- Test and confirm electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic operation of tools before return to production
- Maintain the highest standards of workmanship at all times
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of measurement
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices
- Analytical skill set
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a safe manner
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions and work standards
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- 5+ years tool making experience
- Mold Maker Trade Certificate/Tool Maker Trade Certificate
- All shifts (rotates days and afternoons), Overtime, weekends
- Full time, Permanent
5000 Regal Drive, Oldcastle ON
- Depending on experience.
- Overtime after 40 hours
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Life and long-term disability
- Vision care
Accommodations: Individual accommodation will be provided for those selected for further consideration for employment upon request.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
How To Apply:
Those interested, please send your resume and quoting job title in subject line of email to email@example.com
Contributing fresh ideas and offering unique perspectives is vital to the success of Industrial company.
Our engineers are working , exploring, creating and implementing the next generation of information.
The pace displayed daily at Industrial sets the bar high and our achievers measure themselves by expectations.
Providing assurance to clients that their people, processes, and products are as safe and efficient as possible.