Advantage Engineering Inc. is a leading North American provider of 3D printing and rapid prototyping services serving customers in the automotive, medical supply, aerospace and consumer products markets. The company brought the first ever 3D printer into Canada back in 1996 and has been on the forefront of innovation in the additive manufacturing and modular tooling space ever since.
About This Role:
Advantage Engineering Inc. is currently looking to hire Toolmaker Apprentices (all levels)
This position is a form of employment to be a mix of both work and study. While you are assisting the toolmaker, you will be learning the skills of that job to a professional level. While there are general tasks and duties needed to be developed to progress in the role. It is one intended to eventually lead the apprentice to the full position of a toolmaker. This position follows a logical course of action to follow that will lead to an eventual promotion.
Basically, the apprentice toolmaker will perform all duties and tasks as assigned. These duties and tasks will increase in difficulty as the apprentice slowly gains experience. In time, the apprentice will develop the skills and experience of an actual toolmaker. It is these skills that lay the foundation for landing a great career in manufacturing jobs such as tool making.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Stripping molds
- Creating components/parts required for the toolmaker to build the tool.
- You will have working knowledge in the operation of drill presses, Chop saw, band saw, Bridgeport’s and other machinery as required.
- Other duties as required throughout the department. Candidate must have excellent work ethic, exemplary attendance and the ability to follow direction. The job can be repetitive in tasks therefore the ability to focus on the job at hand is important.
- Willing to train the ideal Candidates.
- Apprentice toolmaker: 1 year (preferred)
- Full time
- Weekend Availability
Location: 5000 Regal Drive, Oldcastle ON
- To commensurate with experience
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Accommodations: Individual accommodation will be provided for those selected for further consideration for employment upon request.
How To Apply:
Those interested, please send your resume and quote job title in subject line of email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributing fresh ideas and offering unique perspectives is vital to the success of Industrial company.
Our engineers are working , exploring, creating and implementing the next generation of information.
The pace displayed daily at Industrial sets the bar high and our achievers measure themselves by expectations.
Providing assurance to clients that their people, processes, and products are as safe and efficient as possible.