When you work with Advantage Engineering on your metal additive manufacturing projects you can count on getting high quality metal parts with competitive lead times.
Using Advantage Engineering for your SLM tooling needs means you get design freedom for your tools or tool inserts and reduced stress loads in components for extended tool life.
Why Choose SLM Technology?
- Targeted lasers melt individual thin layers of metal alloy powder to create heat resistant parts in one step with fine details, no matter the design’s geometric complexity.
- On-demand, unified parts produced with reduced cycle time, ideal for prototyping or low-volume production.
- Material options to align with any industry, design requirements, all with reduced assembly time.
- Allows for part consolidation, reducing assembly time, and reduced part weight.
Benefits of SLM With Us
Efficient & Repeatable
- Bi-directional powder coating for faster build rate
- Material quality maintained throughout production, which reduces material waste and cost
Reliable Part Production
- Adaptable production of multiple materials with efficient material changeover and no loss in quality
- Geometric freedom for complex and lightweight part construction, reducing time to market
FFF & DfAM
- Dedicated engineers and design team to maximize the efficiency, feasibility and functionality of your design. Get your part right the first time
Selective Laser Melting (SLM)
Build Envelope (L x W x H):
11 x 11 x 14 inches (280 x 280 x 365 mm) reduced by substrate plate thickness
Up to 113 cm3/h
Minimum Feature Size:
0.006 inches (0.15 mm)
Beam Focus Diameter:
0.003 - 0.005 inches (0.08 - 0.115 mm)
Maximum Scan Speed:
0.001 - 0.004 inches (0.02 - 0.09 mm)
As low as 1 day (24 hours)
- Multi-Material capabilities
- Aluminum Alloy
- Maraging Steel
- Nickel Alloy
- Stainless Steel
Applications For SLM
With SLM from Advantage Engineering you can get complex metal parts manufactured in one-step, reducing manufacturing time, processing time, the need for part assembly, resulting in overall efficiency increase. Here are some example applications: